You can share it to WeChat via the Qr code.
Enter the applet sharing event using WeChat scan.
WAPE 2021 Forum
Please REGISTER to join Panel 5 ＆ Panel 6 , and ENTER the Zoom meeting room！
(Zoom ID: 810 8899 0990 Password: 2021P5P6)
PANEL 5. Issues in Contemporary Indian Agriculture
Saturday, December 18 @ Beijing 14:00-16:00 (GMT 06:00-08:00)
Madhura Swaminathan, Professor and Head, Economic Analysis Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, India
1. Indian Farmers Confront Agribusiness Capitalism and Hindu Nationalism
Speaker: Pritam Singh, Professor Emeritus at Oxford Brookes Business School, UK
2. Costs, Prices, and Farm Business Incomes in India
Speaker: Deepak Johnson, Senior Research Fellow, Economic Analysis Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, India
3. Economic Inequality in Rural India
Speaker: Madhura Swaminathan, Professor and Head, Economic Analysis Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, India
4. Agriculture in India in the Time of the Pandemic
Speaker: R. Ramakumar, Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, India
5. Climate Change and Agriculture in India
Speaker: T. Jayaraman, Senior Fellow, Climate Change, M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, India
6. Resisting the Neoliberal Project in India: The Struggle Against Corporate Encroachment into Agriculture
Speaker: Navpreet Kaur, Assistant Professor at Department of Economics, Janki Devi Memorial College, University of Delhi, India
C. Saratchand, Professor at Satyawati College, University of Delhi, India
PANEL 6. The Political Economy of Decline and Possible Revival in Turkey: Lessons for the Developing World
Saturday, December 18 @ Beijing 16:10-18:10 (GMT 08:10-10:10)
Adnan Akfirat, Chairman of the BRIQ Journal, Turkey
1. Turkey’s Program of Carrying Out a “Production Revolution”: the Road to Revolution in the Developing World
Speaker: Doğu Perinçek, Chairman of Patriotic Party, Turkey
2. Debunking the Neoliberal Agenda of "Downsizing the state": What is the Role of the National State in Development?
Speaker: Semih Koray, Professor at Bilkent University, Turkey
3. The Transformation of the Turkish Economy in the 2000s: a Balance Sheet of Neoliberalism
Speaker: Efe Can Gürcan, Associate Professor at Istinye University, Turkey
4. How Universal is Turkey's Kemalist Economic Development Model?
Speaker: Kuntay Gücüm, Editor in Chief of Teori journal, Turkey
Sencer Imer, Ufuk University, Head of the Department for Political Science and International Relations, Turkey
Please check the WAPE 2021 Forum Full Program here!